RISE changes currently in place due to COVID-19.
The high school GPA will not expire after 10 years.
Colleges may use the unweighted high school GPA from a United States high school regardless of graduation date.
This is currently in place. The RISE advisory board will determine if this remains the permanent policy.
Waiver of 分级考试:
Applicants are required to take the North Carolina Diagnostic Assessment and Placement 阅读, 英语, and 数学 Test to fulfill the admissions requirements at BCC. The placement test may be waived for one of the following reasons:
- If an applicant has received transfer credit for college level 英语 and 数学 from an accredited college or university.
- If an applicant has achieved acceptable ACT or SAT 英语, 阅读, and 数学 scores from tests taken within five (5) years prior to the date of enrollment. (见 ACT / SAT / PSAT / PLAN SCORES)
- If an applicant has taken an Advanced Placement (AP) 英语 or 数学 test while in high school and has earned a score of 3 or above.
- If an applicant has taken a College Level Examination Program (CLEP) 英语 or 数学 test and has earned a score of 50 or above.
- If an applicant is enrolling as a non-degree seeking student taking courses with no prerequisite(s).
ACT / SAT / PSAT / PLAN Scores
Applicants are exempt from placement testing by achieving acceptable ACT or SAT 英语, 阅读, and 数学 scores from tests taken within five (5) years prior to the date of enrollment.
The college will evaluate subject-area ACT or SAT scores to determine if the student is college ready in math and 英语 using the following scores (based on national and state validation studies):
ACT 阅读 20 or ACT 英语 18
SAT Writing 500 or SAT Critical 阅读 500 (If taken prior to March 2016)
SAT Evidence Based 阅读 480 (Beginning March 2016)
SAT 数学 500 (If taken prior to March 2016)
SAT 数学 530 (Beginning March 2016)